What is Machine Learning ?
Machine Learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves.
Interesting Facts about ML:
- Facebook's News Feed uses ML to personalize each member's feed.
- ML ignores pre-existing Knowledge.
- The Speech Recognition by Apple's Siri or Facebook's controversial facial recognition technology are great examples of the power of ML.
- Banks and other businesses in the financial industry use ML technology for two key purposes :
- To identify important insights in data.
- To prevent fraud.
- ML is applied in weather forecasting software to improve the quality of the forecast.
- ML,reorganized as a separate field,started to flourish in the 1900's.
- 48% in predicted growth of the automotive industry uses ML technology.
- The "dumb" approach of ML eventually beats Human experts.
- ML saves Lives! Computer-Aided Detection(CAD) software can spot 52% of breast cancer cells, a year before patients are diagnosed.
- ML combined with Linguistic Rule Creation helps to know what customers are saying about you on twitter.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS REFER : https://www.blogpoke.com/10-interesting-facts-about-machine-learning-you-should-know/