I feel music is something which does not require language to communicate, it just something which can put you into a state where you feel oblivious. Everyone has their own meaning for music. For someone it is meditation and for other it is stress buster but I don’t feel anyone know about the origin of music.

Music is basically originated naturally from sounds and rhythm’s, from birds chirruping and so on. Music is thought to be divine by many and its origin is thus attributed to various gods and goddesses. Indian Music has a lot of influence of Hindu mythology.

It is said that Lord Brahma created the four Veda Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Sama Veda and Atharva Veda. The Samaveda (Sanskrit: Samaveda, from sāman "song" and Veda "knowledge"), is the Veda of melodies and chants. Lord Brahma passed this knowledge of Lord Shiva who then passed to goddesses Saraswathi the goddesses of knowledge and learning and later on Saraswathi passed it on to Narad Muni who further taught this art to Gandharvas, apsaras and kinaras thus it is Narad who has credited to get music from its heavenly abode to the earth.

Then it is said in medieval period, the nature of Indian music underwent a change due to the impact of the Muslim influence. Music was not a part of the original Islamic tradition but it developed under the influence of the Sufis and became a part of court life. Many new forms and instruments were developed. They developed the early form of the popular musical style known as Qawwali. The most notable figure in music in Medieval India as Tansen the court musician of Akbar. His attainments in music have become a legend.

The Arrival of Britishers in India resulted decline in the court where the kings used to reward the performers due to loss of their wealth and properties. Very few royal families managed to survive. The beginning of 20th century saw the revival of Indian classical music with that in parallel gradually newer forms of media were emerging. With advent of technology like Television, Radio etc. western influence started wrangling with Indian music. Further Pop and disco music entered and got popularized among Indian audiences.

Listening to music brings out the best in a normal individual, helping him reach his fullest potential. Its therapeutic effects can be used in people suffering from insomnia, depression, anxiety, childhood psychiatric conditions etc.

On personal front I am from eastern part of country and despite of not being aware of the south culture and their language I personally feel their is a magic of their music which makes me feel calm and composed. So finally i would like to say when you feel you are tired Let the Music Speak