What is linear search?
- Linear Search is a searching algorithm which is used to find an item in an array or list.
How linear search works?
- Linear search scans the list or an array from the starting one element at a time and compare it with the item that need to be found.
- Linear search repeat those process until the item is found.
- Linear search will stop the process when the end of the list or an array is reached.
- Consider yourself searching for a card in a deck of shuffled cards.
- you go through each card in the deck until the card you are looking for is found.
- This process is same us linear search.
def linear_search(item,lst): i = 0 item_found = False while i < len(lst): if(item == lst[i]): item_found = True break else: i += 1 return item_found
Check the below link for source code: